- Medical staff typically have a difficult time recognizing and tracking Covid
- Currently PCR tests only give positive/negative and high false results. When combined with ultrasound – the results are very accurate
- LUS (Lung Ultrasound) with AI detection can flag and track Covid progress and lung damage
Background to Solution
Advantages of using Lung UltraSound (LUS) to detect COVID
- LUS is radioactive free and easily accessible
- LUS is able to detect COVID with over 95% accuracy
- LUS is able to track COVID progress with high accuracy.
- LUS is able to identify COVID damage to lungs.
- “Lung ultrasound scan” is able to detect COVID-19 and to predict during the first evaluation in the emergency dept, patients at risk of intensive care unit admission and death” Dr Nicola Bonodia – Deptt of emergency medicine at Agonisto Gemelli University Policlinic